Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4-5 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 green onions, rinsed and diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 8-10 leaves lettuce (bibb, romaine, butter, or boston varieties work well)
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, green onions, and garlic. Cook for about three minutes or until shallots become translucent. Add chicken and continue cooking for about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger until well combined. Add to skillet and cook additional 2-3 minutes until sauce is thickened. Add water chestnuts. Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- Keep some chicken separate and then let kids dip into sauce.
- Serve in whole grain tortilla.
- Use water chestnuts as a new “trying” food to touch, smell, lick, and taste.