Cobb salad gets a bad reputation with toppings that are sometimes highly processed and high fat. A healthy cobb salad is here: Kale Cobb Salad offers a simple mix of ingredients that are delicious while still nutritious.
Kale Cobb Salad
- 4 chicken breast, thawed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 5 ounce container of chopped kale (or mixed greens)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- handful cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4-8 tbsp honey mustard dressing (my favorite is Annie’s brand)
Heat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken until golden on both sides and cooked through. Meanwhile, divide the remaining ingredients onto plates. Slice chicken to top salads and drizzle with 1-2 tbsp honey mustard dressing.
Family-friendly tip: Many children will eat these ingredients separately and use honey mustard dressing as a dip. Serve with a whole-grain roll and fruit for a complete, nutritious meal.