Need breakfast on the run? Looking for a grab-n-go snack that is kid-friendly? Yes, indeed! This recipe is so yummy that you’ll forget it has healthy ingredients. These blueberry avocado muffins are full of fresh ingredients that the whole family will love!
Blueberry Avocado Muffins
Servings: 12 regular muffins or 36 mini muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain yogurt (greek yogurt also works great)
- 1 pint or 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or line regular or mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat seeded and peeled avocado until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat to combine. Beat in egg until completely combined. Add vanilla, yogurt, and cinnamon and blend well.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, about 1/3 at a time. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin pan, filling cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes for mini muffins or 20-25 minutes for regular muffins, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transitioning to wire rack.
- Store in air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Family-friendly tip: Get those kiddos in the kitchen to help bake! They can spoon and measure ingredients and see how healthy ingredients come together to make a delicious snack.