Under 30 minutes? Yes, this delicious pasta takes 2 pots and 20-30 minutes to make a yummy feast! Sausage Leek Cavatappi is the perfect weeknight dinner. With robust flavors and simple ingredients, this is a recipe to make again and again.
Sausage Leek Cavatappi
- 8 oz cavatappi pasta (or other short, curly pasta)
- 4 chicken sausage, sliced crosswise into 1/4 in pieces (Sweet Italian flavor works great)
- 8 oz package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt (or pink Himalayan salt)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced crosswise into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. ghee (or butter)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, mushrooms, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add leeks and corn and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add to sausage mixture. Add ghee (or butter), lemon juice, and basil and stir to combine.
Got helpers in the kitchen?
Enjoy cooking with the kids. Little hands can be a big help when they have a directed task!
- Measure corn
- Squeeze lemon
- Tear basil (instead of chopping)
- Help gather ingredients from the refrigerator and cupboards
- Set the table
- Help with a side item, such as pulling grapes off the vine