Is it just me or is staying and getting fit as a mom like riding a train that goes off the rails and takes off on rollercoaster tracks? OMG. Self-care is hard-earned for moms and it’s been no different for me.
The most critical aspects of getting this train back on the rails were:
- Having a background in athletics which acted as a trail marker to get back to fitness. I knew how it felt to have strength and stamina for years before I lost it.
- Looking a certain way wasn’t a big enought reason to move. Having a bigger WHY was the only way I could connect to a daily practice of wellness.
- Developing a system that was function in real-life was a crucial step. Movement had to be:
- Transportable – home, hotel, outside, anywhere
- Functional – address the body head to toe
- Time sensitive – getting after it in an efficient way