There are many ways brain imbalances present themselves – from emotional swings and challenges connecting with others to diagnoses such as ADHD and OCD. Training your brain to create left and right hemisphere balance allows for higher emotional intelligence, mental clarity, and more balance through the body and mind. Dr. Jimmy Leonette shares how to begin this integrative training and the amazing transformations possible through brain balance and optimization training.
- To identify right versus left brain imbalances
- Brain balance can improve through simple body movements and play
- To increase resilience through improved training methods – physically and mentally
Brain Balance and Optimization
Meet Dr. Jimmy Leonette
Dr. James Leonette is an award-winning Chiropractor and Clinic Director of Enliven Wellness. He is a native of Bridgeport, WV, and a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa.
During the chiropractic program, he graduated with honors, served as President of Student Council, and was a member of the Institutional Review Board that protected human subjects in clinical studies throughout the U.S.
Dr. Leonette completed extensive post-graduate education and has been awarded in the following:
- Fellowship in Acupuncture (FIAMA) by the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Fellowship in Childhood Neurodevelopment Disorders by the International Board of Functional Neurology (FIBFN CND)
- Board Certified Atlas Orthogonist (BCAO) by Sherman College of Chiropractic
- Certified Epigenetics Health Coach by Apeiron Zoh
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner (CFMP) by Functional Medicine University
- Certified Medical Examiner (CME) by USDOT
- Certificate of Completion by Beyond Functional Medicine
- He is a board-eligible candidate for a diplomate in clinical nutrition.
Dr. Leonette holds a M.S. in Industrial Hygiene and B.S. in Medical Technology from West Virginia University. He founded Enliven Occupational Health to assess workers’ health at manufacturing facilities and extraction businesses. EOH provides the mid-Atlantic region with employee physicals, respirator fit testing, and functional capacity exams. As a Certified Medical Examiner (CME), he is qualified to perform US DOT driver medical exams.
He studied upper cervical chiropractic at Palmer College and completed an internship in Advanced Orthogonal at Pierce Clinic in St. Petersburg, FL. He studied under a chiropractor, acupuncturist, and functional medicine practitioner in northern Virginia for several years before returning home to open Enliven Chiropractic & Wellness in 2012. Before pursuing a career in health care, he served as a federal investigator with U.S. Food and Drug Administration. He was responsible for inspecting medical device manufacturing facilities throughout Europe and Asia to ensure they met the FDA Quality System Requirements.
Dr. Leonette is a member of the WV Chiropractic Society, Interdisciplinary Association of Functional Neurosciences and Rehabilitation, and International Chiropractic Association. He was selected as Chiropractor of the Year in 2017 and 2018 by The Masters Circle. Dr. Leonette has served as a chiropractic missionary in Vietnam and the Dominican Republic with ChiroMission.
Dr. Leonette holds certification from the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE) in chiropractic and physiotherapy and is currently licensed as a chiropractic physician and acupuncturist in West Virginia, Virginia, and Ohio. He is a published author and regularly speaks to organizations about health improvement and privately coaches individuals.
Learn more from Dr. Leonette at enbrain.health.
Wondering if your child or you are experiencing brain imbalance? Dr. Leonette recommends Disconnected Kids by Dr. Robert Melillo.